For Immediate Release:
Hike to the Mic Returns to Talcott Mountain – August 27 & 28 2022
THE FRIENDS OF HEUBLEIN TOWER, INC is pleased to announce the dates and the initial confirmed bands for HIKE TO THE MIC VIII – Music and Arts Happening returning to the Heublein Tower, Talcott Mountain State Park – AUGUST 27 & 28, 2022 from 10 am to Sunset both days.
This donation suggested event will reward those who journey the trails through Talcott Mountain State Park to the Heublein Tower with great musical entertainment, fantastic food and the “royal view” from one of Connecticut’s premier destinations.
Confirmed Performers for HIKE TO THE MIC VIII are: WILL EVANS, THE JUNIOR MACK BAND, ONE TIME WEEKEND, ATLAS GRAY, PENNILESS WILD, THE NEW MOSAIC, THE MEADOWS BROTHERS, THE KC SISTERS, Hartford’s own POSSM, CHAMPAGNE CHARLIE and the Wah Wah’s, JK’s ORBIT and CHRIS CASEY will curate Sunday morning’s jazz segment. Stay tuned – MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED
Connecticut artist COREY PANE will also be live painting throughout the event.
Food vendors include Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, Harry’s Bishop Corner Pizzeria and Beau’s Burger Shack who will be grilling burgers and dogs in the Eisenhower Pavilion. Special brunch menu Sunday morning too. A fantastic raffle is also planned. All proceeds from the Hike to the Mic will benefit the restoration and enhancement of the Heublein Tower.
The Heublein Tower in Talcott Mountain State Park is unquestionably one of the most unique settings in New England for a concert event and will once again provide the perfect back drop for the eight annual Hike to the Mic on August 27 & 28, 2022.
Key sponsors for the Hike to the Mic VIII are:
- Telefunken Elektroakustik – a world-wide leader in microphone technology
- Hartford HealthCare – More Life in Your Life.
- Benistar – employee benefit plans
- Northwest Community Bank, your community bank
- Carol Presutti & Friends International / Berkshire Hathaway – trust them to bring you home
- Fitzgerald’s Foods – Simsbury’s best market
- Mitchell Auto Group – Connecticut’s finest auto dealer
- BirdCode– Respect the Code
- The Children’s Club House – the best area day care
- Norcom Insurance – serving all your business and personal needs
- Electec – election services
- Rosedale’ Farms & Vineyards – Simsbury’s farm and vineyard
- Hopmeadow Brewery – Avon’s finest brewery
- Garrity Asphalt – for all your paving needs
- Victory Pictures – creating epic video and media
- Talcott Collective – a local–experience venue and more
Also, on board as sponsors of Hike to the Mic VIII are: Richman Business Brokers, Harvey & Lewis Opticians, Max Cares Foundation, CRS Landscape & Excavation, ENE Realty, Tower Energy, Harvest Properties, Robbins Hard Wood Flooring, CT Physical Therapy Specialists, Capital Funding Solutions, Zelman Real Estate, Songwriter’s Dream, Case & Case, P.C, WEBITT Media, Fatty’s Skis and Snowboards, and Talcott Ridge Disk Golf.
Please check out www.hiketothemic.com for the latest info about the event.The Friends of Heublein Tower, Inc is a non-profit preservation society, established in 1984, for the purpose of restoring for public use the state-owned Heublein Tower landmark to its original and authentic 1914 splendor. By providing time, talent and financial assistance, the Friends of Heublein Tower supplement the state of Connecticut’s efforts in restoring, improving and interpreting the Heublein Tower and its surrounding grounds. The restored Tower serves as a museum and a place of learning, gathering and exploration for the educational and social benefit of those who visit.